Arabian Ponies

Renegade Ponies is a family farm that is dedicated to raising family safe Arabian Ponies. Our herd sire is Blazing Renegade aka Reno, a reg. Half Arabian bay pony, or better yet, Arabian Pony! So here we are! Arabian Ponies are of course Arabians crossed with pony breeds that will not detract from the Arabian type! Welcome and enjoys our ponies! Feel free to check out our ponies and sales list! Please Keep It Clean as this is a family site!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northwest, United States

Renegade Farm Arabian Ponies is a family run adventure and is all about creating a safe and gentle family pony with Arabian blood that is also beautiful that can be used for trail riding, working cows as well as excel in the show ring! All our ponies are kid tested and mother approved by our 6 kids and approved by me, the mom! Our stud Blazing Renegade aka Reno has proven to produce to this ideal! We offer ponies and horses for sale and stand our stallion to outside mares. We also have taken in Arabians that were in need of homes and placed them in good homes to make sure they didn't end up in the sale yard! We also have create the Arabian Pony Registry of America for all Arabian Ponies of North America at www.arabianponies.org

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Good Day!




Ok now that the important stuff is out of the way, I wanted to share a wonderful horsey moment I had yesterday!


I have this young gelding that we have always played around with him and he went to Ride the West with us last year but not much else. Well I decided to see how he would except a hackamore since we mainly trail ride so bits are not all that inportant to us. So he was just fine and even started neck reining a bit. So next came the western saddle and he really could have cared less! So I had one of my kids hop on and led him around like he was already trained to do so, so I got a bigger child on his back! That was all fine and dandy so I wanted to ride him!


Mind you, after having 6 kids....well my figure "ain't what she used to be" to coin a fraze. So I mounted my little stead and he just stood there! Checked out my foot in the stirrup, decided it was no big deal and wanted to go. So we started turns and stops and it was like he had been greenbroke before I got to him. I know he has never been rode because we raised him!


Anyway, my oldest daughter got out the old grey mare who really "ain't what she used to be" also(she makes me feel better about myself) and we went for a ride! Really, we actually went for a ride! First time on his back and he only did a few little scurries, not enough to unseat my larger self!

So I had my daughter grab the camera and snap some pics of cute little Tucker under saddle and mounted for the first time! I was reminded of why I started breeding Arabian cross ponies when I rode him! They are so naturally loving and gentle and easy to train, they make you feel like one heck of a good rider/trainer! Now for the other gelding, I wonder if he will be as easy?


Enjoy the pics and I will allow a snicker or two at my rotundness but no more than that OK!
Happy Trails!
Jean






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home